This reminds me of that time in school where I had to participate in a ski race and my friend came in last (I was second last) and he won 20 CHF (circa $20). Why am I telling you this story? I was just nominated for the I’m Not Featured On Freshly Pressed Award by Film Grimoire. At this point, I didn’t even want to blog about these nominations, because I don’t want to annoy people by constantly patting myself on the back, but the name of the award is just so funny.
I’d like to thank Anna at Film Grimoire for thinking of me, once again. She previously nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. I hope I can nominate her blog soon, but if she’s the one who keeps nominating me I can’t nominate her, although I’ve done that before (Hi Tom!). For the time being, I would like to recommend checking out Anna’s blog, she always picks very interesting films to review and discuss (from new releases to classics).
I’m Not Featured On Freshly Pressed – The Rules:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”.
Premise: I’d like to only nominate blogs I have never nominated before. So if you’ve been nominated before by me, don’t take it as an offense, I’m still a fan of your blog I just want to give shootouts to “new” people. Also, don’t be offended if you have been featured on Freshly Pressed and I nominated you for this award.
In alphabetical order:
The Bow Tie Effect
Not sure how I’d describe this blog, because it covers a broad spectrum of topics: From fashion to beauty. Where’s the appeal for me you ask? Well, it has a very quirky design and feels very “girly”, which I like for some reason. Don’t judge.
For a deep analysis of both books and movies. Christie Stratos’ blog analyzes the symbolism and poetic aspects of works of art. I especially like her blog because we share a love and interest for directors such as Kim Ki-duk and Wong Kar-wai.
A great film blog, because he tells it like it is or rather how he sees it. I am big on honesty and so when I see a blog that reviews films in a simple and direct way I’m always interested in reading their thoughts. Covers a broad spectrum of films.
The Moving Silent
Okay, so maybe I’ve nominated Karzan’s blog before, but I feel that more people need to check it out. This guy has excellent taste. I wish I was so artsy and fancy, but unfortunately I’m not a film student. He is and he writes in Kurdish too. Amazing!
The Reel James
Just found out about this blog, there’s all kinds of cool stuff on it: From lego photography to film reviews. James is doing a Woody Allen challenge this year, which means he’ll watch every film by New York’s favorite director. Sounds exciting!
The perfect blog for lazy readers like your truly. On Refined Quotes you will find an “uncommon collection of quotes and thoughts”, recommendations, rankings and lists ranging from movies, to books and series. It’s quite remarkable.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
Kind of what I’m doing right now…
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you. [There was a smily face there, I removed it cause smily faces are only allowed in the comments sections on BW, I replaced it with a dot instead. Dots are cooler. Polka dots, especially.]
I’d love to be featured on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed. It would be a great opportunity to generate more traffic to my blog and for people to discover my blog. However at the same time I don’t care about it that much, because it would also feel like I’m selling out in a way and I don’t want my blog to seem commercial. I know this might all sound very silly, but that’s just how I feel about it.
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them.
Sounds a lot like #2, am I right?
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”.
Shout out to Don Charisma. Thanks for inventing this awesome award. Cool idea!
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
And again here’s where I don’t follow the rules. Not because I’m not proud of this award, but because it would seriously fuck up my blog layout if I did that. If you’re using the The Blaskan Theme created by Per Sandstrom you’ll know.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.
I’m afraid that won’t be happening anytime soon, but again, I can’t feature anything on my sidebar, because then the whole layout gets weird. Maybe when I learn to use WordPress a little bit better…
That was it you guys. Thanks for reading. I hope it wasn’t too self-indulgent.
We now return to our regularly scheduled program.