This is incredible. I was just nominated for a Liebster Award. If I didn’t know better I would think that Anna at Film Grimoire is in love with me or something. This is the third time she has nominated me for an award. I would say that I’m speechless, but I’m not. I have a lot to say, but first of all: Thank you, Anna! For those of you who don’t know who Anna is: She is a fellow film fanatic, who writes thoughtful reviews and always answers people’s comments, which I think is really cool. She has a boyfriend, so I was just kidding about what I said before, in case you don’t get my weird sense of humor.
Liebster is German for “dearest”, so I am very honored to be nominated for this award. It’s actually the award I wanted to be nominated for when I first started blogging. Why? Just because it’s the first one I heard about and because that would give me a chance to show off my foreign language skills. I’m also a fan of this logo right here. It’s also the only thing I’ll be getting this year that remotely resembles a Valentine’s Day card. But no sadness and melancholy, this is a time to celebrate. Except, wait a second: This is the Liebster Award, that means you have less than 200 followers. Yes, I’ve been outed.
Kidding again, I value and treasure every single one of my followers. Yes, even the ones that want to teach you how to make money blogging. Enough BSing and messing around there’s a bunch of boring and utterly annoying rules I have to follow in order to accept this nomination. Oh, and by the way: Don’t you ever wonder who (if anyone) actually wins these awards? I mean, tons of people get nominated, but who takes home the prize? What is the prize? Any-who, the Liebster’s slogan is: Discover New Blogs and of course that’s what it’s all about so I want to recommend some good sites.
Following these simple rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
Danke schön, liebste Anna!
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
Sounds rough, but okay. I’ll play. Sure, why not.
1. What was your favourite television show as a kid?
I wasn’t allowed much TV growing up, which pissed me off at the time, but I totally get now. Anyway, if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say that I grew up with the classic Warner Brothers and Hannah Barbera cartoons. That’s what I remember at least, my mom’s not here right now otherwise she’d have the correct answer, but this sounds about right.
2. What’s been your favourite holiday?
As a kid or now? Doesn’t matter? Okay, I mean I always loved summer holidays, because they were the longest and it was hot and sunny and the days were “longer”. We used to go to Italy on holidays at the sea and visit our grandparents in southern Italy. I have some great memories even of just hanging out at home, in Switzerland: Not many people around, you can hang out outside until it’s late, you can wear shorts, play football with my dad, do whatever with my little brother. Good times.
3. Are you reading a book at the moment? If so, what book?
This is where I’m really ashamed, because every year I say I have to read more and then I don’t. I read a lot for school, but it’s mostly scientific papers and stuff. My dad however bought me this book called Jesus by pastor Timothy Keller, so I should really get started on that one. Should be interesting, but it’s in German. I prefer to read in the original language when I can.
4. What’s your favourite meal to cook?
If you don’t include washing the dishes afterwards I’d say spaghetti. I love eating pasta. I could eat pasta everyday, because you can try a thousand different recipes. It never gets old.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Great question, love it. I think it would have to be by the sea, maybe in Italy. Somewhere quiet, not too many tourists, but also not too isolated. I don’t have a specific place in mind, but I guess I’d travel the eastern coastline (Mare Adriatico) a bit and find a nice place that suits me. Right now though Korea also looks good, not that I’ve ever been there, but I just feel attracted to it and from what I’ve seen in movies it’s not dramatically different from Switzerland.
6. If you could choose another first name for yourself, what would it be?
Wow, how do you come up with a question like that? Let me think… I mean a name is really important. I kind of believe in the whole “nomen-omen” thing so it would have to be something meaningful. You know what? Fuck it, I’ll go with Marc, just because I love Marc Jacobs.
7. Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse?
Nope. Then again, Jesse Eisenberg survives in Zombieland and I’m kind of wimpy and mumbling like him so maybe there’s hope for me. But can you really survive a zombie apocalypse? I mean: Don’t the zombies win anyway sooner or later?
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what type of animal is it, and what’s its name?
No, I don’t. Sorry. I was thinking though that I might like having a small dog. Yeah, it’s totally just because I love that silly shibe doge meme.
9. What’s cuter – kittens or puppies?
I always preferred puppies. I think kittens are kind of annoying actually. I know that automatically makes me a bad person, but I don’t care.
10. Who would win a battle between a giant snail and a hundred snail-sized non-poisonous snakes?
Sounds like a great idea for a Japanese film or maybe you should pitch it to Asylum. They’ll love it! I think the snakes win if they’re team players. There’s just too many of them.
3. Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
1. Abbie Watches Stuff because she seems nice and stuff
2. DramAdrenaline she’s witty and charming and loves Korean pop culture
3. Filmstvandlife she always speaks her mind and never fails to make me smile
4. KPOP Reviews because of his passion in reviewing KPOP music videos
5. Lia in Brussels for being one of my first followers and sticking around
6. Literary Vittles for their incredible support and great insightful conversations
7. RARA-POP because I love the sound of that and she loves all things Asian
8. Righteous Cinema because I just love his gravatar picture. It’s so damn likable
9. Second Lead Syndrome! for covering J, K and TW dramas and movies
10. Twosips Chronicles because I hope he teaches me something about wine
I think all of these blogs deserve more than 200 followers. So I hope that they can’t be nominated for a Liebster very soon. Congratulations to every single one of you!
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
1. What’s your favorite thing to eat while you’re watching a movie?
2. One thing you’ll never try? Not even once (besides meth).
3. What actor/actress do you think looks like you?
4. Who’s your favorite person in the world?
5. What’s the most disgusting thing ever?
6. What’s your favorite color-palette?
7. What’s your idea of a perfect day?
8. What’s your favorite weekday?
9. Are you happy (now)?
10. Do aliens exist?
Once again many thanks to Anna or Ms. Lovely (that’s what I’ll call her from now on) for her generosity and support. Hope you get more than 200 followers soon as well, because you deserve it. Your blog is bitchin’! I have discovered many new blogs as well recently, but I could only mention the ones with less than 200 followers. However I’m sure Anna will nominate me for another award soon, so I’ll get to praise those cool people who have more followers than me and are probably filthy rich and have perfect skin too.
In all seriousness though: Thanks to all the people who follow, read and comment on my blog. I especially appreciate the comments, because I love discussing movies with people and I don’t get to do that enough in real life.
And with that I’m out like slap bracelets (to quote Diablo Cody).