A Spike Jonze Love Story. What could be better? Spike Jonze’s Her remains my most anticipated film for 2013, a title previously held by his ex-wife Sofia Coppola and her new movie The Bling Ring. Precisely because of my excitement and and anticipation for Her I will force myself not to watch this second trailer. Problem is it becomes really hard to comment on something I haven’t even watched. At the same time however I want to contribute, even if not many people actually read this blog, to the buzz for the film, which is apparently really good. Getting such a romantic film from him is just a dream come true for a fan of the director such as myself.
The film is about a man (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with an operating system on his phone. I’m assuming that would have to be a much sexier Siri. Scarlett Johansson who won best actress for her voice acting as Samantha (the operating system) is another big selling point of the movie. Aside from that I am entranced with the cinematography, music and moods that Spike creates in all of his films. Once again Jonze is collaborating with Arcade Fire (the song used in this second trailer is called Supersymmetry). The film opens on December 18th, 2013 in the US and only on March 27th, 2014 in Switzerland, which is just an impossible, excruciatingly agonizing wait.
From Around the Web
- Joaquin Phoenix teaches a machine how to love in this new trailer for Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’ (theverge.com)
- New Trailer and High-Resolution Images for Spike Jonze’s HER Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, and Olivia Wilde (collider.com)
- Hot Trailer: Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’ (deadline.com)
- ‘Her’ Trailer: Spike Jones Wonders What Makes Lovers Click (slashfilm.com)
- Inside the cutting room with Spike Jonze on new film, Her (theguardian.com)